Friday, September 10, 2010

Wispering

This is going to be a very random post comprised of sweet Tatum stories that I do not want to forget…

A few weeks ago Tiny Princess was sick with a little tummy bug and a sore throat and couldn’t sleep at all one night. After trying rocking her in her chair, laying with her on the couch, her swing (yes, she is 10 months and we JUST now stopped using her swing…what can I say- my girl loved her swing J) I decided to bring her into my and Brian’s bed at about 5 am. Brian woke up when we crawled in bed and I was whispering with him about how I had tried everything to comfort her to sleep but she was still awake. Sweet Tatum crawls up to where her head is even with ours and starts whispering with us! Brian and I just thought it was the most adorable thing ever! Tatum will often ‘talk’ with us when we are having a conversation by babbling and looking back and fourth between us. If we don’t pay her enough attention during these ‘conversations’ she raises her voice or growls until we look at her. Hilarious. On a related note- this precious little girl felt bad enough that she couldn’t sleep at all, but was not even fussing as long as I held her. It is so hard for me when I know she’s hurting. But I know she is in God’s loving hands. And we are so grateful that she is so rarely sick!!

Tatum loooves to be chased around the house- she crawls away from us while one of us follows her on our hands and knees humming the Jaws theme song. The other day she crawled around a corner while I was chasing her and when I reached the corner and poked my head around she was sitting up looking back at the doorway excitedly waiting for me. When she saw me her little face lit up and she yelled “Hiiiii” and turned to crawl away.

This one isn’t necessarily a story, because it is something she does often, but it cracks me up every time. Tatum is really ready to be able to stand up without assistance, but is not quite there balance-wise. So when she is playing with a toy on the floor she pushes her legs up to a standing position but her hands stay on the ground with her head looking down at the toy. She often does this with toys that play music so when her little tooshie is in the air she starts ‘dancing’- bouncing her booty up and down.

Hope these images brought a smile to someone elses face today too J I intend to keep posting little stories like this so I can remember them forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment