Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tatum- 2 years, 2 months

Two Years and Two Months- Tatum

I haven’t updates on the Tiny Princess in a (long) while, and she has changed SO much. Here are a few of the things she is up to these days:

-LOVES watching shows. And Mommy always has to be the bad guy who limits them, while Daddy and grandparents get to be the fun ones who always let her watch ‘shows’. (Favorite shows: King George and the Duckie, Lord of the Bean, Drummer Boy, any other Veggie Tales, Dora the Explorer, Charlie Brown, Blues Clues)

-Loves kissing and loving on ‘her’ baby.

-Is incredibly sweet and gentle with her baby. We mostly just have to worry about her smothering Eden when she kisses her.

- Likes playing with her dollhouse or doing drum solos on her new drum set.

-Likes having me or Daddy sing ‘old macdonald’ to her- she will tell us what animal when it comes to that part in the song.

-Other favorite songs include: Twinkle Twinkle, Rock a By Baby, Amazing Grace, Jesus Loves Me, Joy Joy Joy, any song from Dora, any Veggie Tales song.

-Likes to cuddle in Mommy and Daddys bed…alone :(

-Loves wearing ‘her’ bracelets. When we tell her we are going bye-bye she will run to my closet and start loading her arm up with my bracelets saying “I’m not ready yet”.

-LOOOOVES to play at the park, and doesn’t understand why she cant play at the park when its cold.

-Reading books. With me (or anyone else..) or by herself.

She cracks me up daily. She brings so much joy to my heart. She is hilarious and a mess and so sweet.

Most days she sleeps to 9am, then I have to wake her up!

She goes to bed between 8:00-9:00, but often stays up talking (to herself) for sometimes more than an hour. She is never upset, just talking away. She also does not like to get out of bed right when she wakes up…yep shes Mama’s girl!

Tatum is still sleeping in her crib. I am in no rush to move to a big girl bed for several reasons: she is a crazy sleeper and is all over the bed and would fall out… a lot. She is usually awake a while before falling asleep…cant imagine how much longer she would be awake if she had free rein of her whole room. She is content in her crib and that means more sleep for everyone.

Common Phrases-

-I need to watch my shows.

-I just cant stand it (used to be I don’t cant stand it)- courtesy of Charley Brown

-Money money money- curtesy of Charlie Brown (the second she starts calling everything ‘stupid’ I think I am going to have to break her Charlie Brown habit).

-I’m coconuts.

- Stop. Stop it. (not my favorite)

- I would like to listen to King George (we have King George and the Duckie Veggie Tales audio that she likes to listen to in the car)

-I need to ________.

-I luf yooou, Momma (yep, my favorite :) )

- keeeeess, kiss, kiss (while kissing Eden)

-I need to kiss my baby.

-whas wrong baby?

-She need to eat, Mommy.

-She need to go to sleep, Mommy.

-My baby is crrryin. She needa kiss.

*side note- Tatum is often spot-on regarding what Eden is needing.

-She’s weeedle (about Eden)

Favorite Foods:

Chicken

Grapes

Apples

Tomatoes

Peas

Chick Fil A

McCalister’s

Chocolate

Fruit snacks

Milkshakes

Coloring together:


Bracelets, necklace, jammies, and Daddy's shoes; she pulls it off:


She was trying to suck Eden's boogies (note Boogie sucker in her hand) and when She saw me looking at her she said "Dont do it. Dont I do it."

At Ben and Jordan's Wedding...Little Miss Thing:



No comments:

Post a Comment