Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Christmas 2K10

As promised, our Christmas blog!

Brian and I had been doing a few different advent calendars with Tatum to help build the anticipation of the season. One was just a fun advent that I inherited from my parents this year. I loved watching her get so excited to put a new ornament on the Velcro tree each morning because I remember the same excitement with the same advent calendar when I was growing up! So fun. The other advent we did we got from Tatum’s Sunday School teachers (no, Tatum has never been to Sunday School, but that’s a story for another time) and it talked about Mary, Joseph, and the birth of Christ. I really enjoyed reading the scriptures over her at the breakfast table each morning and adding new stickers to the picture.

Doing her advent with Daddy



Looking at all the lights and ornaments at Holland Gardens



Brian and I decorated my parents house as a gift to them. This was the night we put up the tree and decorated it while watching Elf.



We had lots of different ‘Christmases’ this year. It began at our home on the morning of the 18th. Brian, Princess, and I had a quiet Christmas at our house together. We opened gifts and just spent some time loving on one another. We decided to do some gifts at our house with just us so we could slow down and really enjoy the occasion and each other. And I am SO glad that we did. Watching Tatum open her stocking was so sweet! She would cock her little head to the side and pick things out one at a time and look the item over before getting another one. Her favorite gift of the morning? A toothbrush from her stocking. She LOVED the toothbrush and kept it in her mouth for the remainder of the morning. It was fun watching her really experience Christmas for the first time this year.

Going through her stocking. SO precious.



Our Christmas tree. We didnt put up any ornaments because ornaments would have been a little too fun for tiny hands to pull off the tree. :)



Tater Tot and Daddy got some awesome plaid jackets. (ps- MAN, my hubby is hot!)


Mommy and Tatum got some awesome hats!



Tatum loves bubbles. She will pick up the bottle and say bo buubuu (blow bubbles). So, of course, when she asks in the middle of opening gifts, we stop and blow bubbles...who could say no to that face?



Checking out her new tool box.



Still loving the toothbrush!




That same afternoon, we all went over to my mom and dad’s for Christmas at their house. My mom and I had killer matching aprons and we (and Jean) made Christmas dinner- turkey, ham, stuffing, potatoes, green beans and corn. Well, I actually didn’t do much cooking because I was wrapping presents and playing with Princesses most of the time. :)


Matching aprons and Tatum's adorable Christmas outfit (also courtesy of Nana)


Poor Joshie didnt really do much, since he had just torn his ACL and MCL. He basically sat here all day. :(


Beautiful girl opening gifts. She really liked this tissue...it made better noise when she crinkled it.


Brian showing off his new tools


Poppy opening a gift to himself from himself...he was really excited about it too apparently.


Poppy's super awesome gift from Grams! My dad is an Ironman and this is an Ironman statue! ( Please ignore the TV scene in the background- crippled Josh and Brian and Poppy were watching a movie while Mom, Jean, and I cleaned up the kitchen. And I made them pause the movie (much to their chagrin) since we were already pushing Tatum's bedtime.) I love my dad's face here!



Me sitting in the box Dad's Ironman thing came in. What? This isnt normal behavior at your house?


More Christmas posts to come... !

No comments:

Post a Comment