Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 2011!



That’s right!! New Years!! Hey, give me a break… New Years was just over a month ago, so I’m not THAT late on this post. Im catching up. At this rate, Valentines Day will only be like a week late! :)

Our New Years was lots of fun. Brian and I usually spend the occasion with family; sometimes in Florida, sometimes here in Lubbock. This year we were here. But my mom and Josh (still crippled Josh at this point) were in Florida (Dad was still on call…which meant he got to spend New Years with us!) We went over the Nana and Papaw’s house where they had an amazing spread of all kinds of yumminess including chili and lots of dips…and sushi. I made a cheese ball….yeah, I left about as lame as that sounds when I saw all the work Kenny and Sharon had put into making food and all I brought was a cheese ball. A few other family members stopped by throughout the evening, but for most of the time it was just Poppy, Papaw, Nana, Brian, Tatum and I.

After we had all stuffed our gullets, we just hung out and watched the NYE shows on TV. We let Tiny Princess stay up a little later than usual to celebrate. At 9pm we had a mini-New Years with Tatum- hats, pictures, blowy-horn noises, etc. Then we put her to bed in a pack n’ play upstairs in Nana and Papaw’s room. Whenever we lay Tatum down at their house, we always make sure to close the door to keep the cats out of the room she’s sleeping in. So, with her door closed tight, we were sure that Layla (cat) could not sneak in. However, it would seem that we forgot to make sure that Layla was not already IN the room when we laid Tater down. About an hour after we laid her down we started to hear meowing. It took us a while to realize that it was coming from the baby monitor. Oops. So Nana snuck in the room and hunted Layla down and Tatum was neither smothered by the cat nor woken up. Happy ending.

At midnight we all toasted the new year (Brian, Dad and I had sparking cider since Dad was on call and Brian and I think sparkling cider tastes 21247 times better than the real stuff- In fact, we like to sip sparkling cider and watch movies for at home date nights. I know, you never knew how cool we really are and now you have to take a minute to wrap your mind around this. Its okay; take your time). Around 1am we loaded our sweet girl up in the car and headed home. PICTURES!


I realize that I look like a goof, but I didnt have a picture of the table besides this one.

YUM!


Miss Priss enjoying her dinner (chili beans, ham, grapes, and crackers...whats not to love?)


I love this picture! Sweet snuggle time.


Tiny Princess- always the life of the party!



No comments:

Post a Comment