Monday, October 12, 2009

April 23, 2009- Thats MRS. Ziggy to you!

12 weeks and 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo….

This post is dedicated to my poor baby puppy, Ziggy, who became a woman yesterday. She is in heat. And it is pitiful. First of all, she LOVES to play outside with her big sister (black lab) Jia. But not she has to stay inside except when I go out with her to potty (I don’t pee with her…just stand outside with her. To be clear.) She thinks this is torture. And to add to the cruelty, I have to keep Jia outside and away from Ziggy because Jia has been really aggressive with her since she has been in heat. Those two dogs are best friends, so they both hate that. And, the icing on the cake: Ziggy has to wear a diaper. And she haaaates it! She has stopped trying to take it off, but she won’t walk and just stares up at me with pitiful sweet eyes begging me to take it off. L My poor baby!

In other, more cheerful news, I just found out I got the internship I have been really hoping for at Sunrise Canyon! YAY!! I just got off the phone with my new supervisor and he seemed like a really great guy (phew!). We are meeting next Tuesday to go over details, and I am thrilled! Stay tuned for updates on that.

Now for what you’ve all been waiting for…drum roll please (Brian, can you hook me up?)…. Pregnancy news!!!

Unfortunately, I don’t have a really cool update or anything. Our next appointment is next week, and I can’t wait to pee in a cup and hear the heartbeat again! Well, actually, peeing in a cup I can wait on. But I am so excited to be able to hear our baby’s tiny heart beating again! It was 168 bpm last visit.

OOOOO, I do have cool news: Just one week and one day left of my first trimester!!!! I am really hoping I get my energy back. The nausea has been better on average for the past few weeks already, which I have been very grateful for. But I feel like this first trimester has been trying to go out with a bang because the past several days I have felt pretty crummy again. Brian and I were talking last night, and we both admitted that if I feel good for too many days in a row we start getting a little nervous and then when I have a sicky day, we are both a little relieved! Hehe!

Brian and our parents have been able to notice my belly for several weeks already, but most other people haven’t been able to tell. I think I am still in the “I look like I have just had a few too many brownies” phase. No one has noticed my tummy and asked yet. I am so excited for the first time that happens! I am tempted to get a really hurt look on my face and say that I have just been under a lot of stress or something. But that would probably be really mean. But funny… However, I have noticed several people I know who don’t know yet (mostly clients or people I don’t see often, because I have already told everyone else!) looking suspiciously at my stomach though. And when I have told people I have gotten a lot of “I was wondering!” or “I had a hunch you might be!” type of responses. I just want someone to be brave and ask! J Of course, if it was me I wouldn’t ask either. But I just want to feel like my belly is finally legit.

On a side note, I LOVE maternity jeans!!! Some of them may be mom-butt or funky looking, but they are dang comfy!! I really think I want to keep wearing maternity pants even after the baby and I lose the weight… is that weird? I wish I would have discovered maternity pants years ago. Its like wearing sweats, but really wearing jeans. For those of you females who have never been pregnant, go try on some maternity pants. They will change your life.

I still haven’t had any crazy cravings. I have been crazing Gatorade and PowerAde lately. Dad would probably say that’s because my body needs salt or something. But no strange or gross cravings. When I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago, I really wanted to buy some Vienna sausages. Which would normally totally gross me out and I would not normally eat. I didn’t buy any because I don’t think they are exactly very nutritious. And probably the real reason was that I thought I would chow them down and then think about what I just ate and then get sick. I ate a burger last week too! And it didn’t make me sick! Most of the time burgers still don’t sound very appetizing, but the thought no longer makes me sick. Patty melts are another story…nasty.

And, as always, I continue to be spoiled by sweet Brian! He is so encouraging to me when I am frustrated with something at school or Hospice or when I just don’t feel good. His hugs can turn my whole day around in a matter of seconds. I think he has some sort of sixth sense for knowing when I have had a rough day. For instance, I was not feeling very good all day on Monday. But I didn’t want to tell Brian because I feel like I am always saying I’m not feeling good these days, so I decided to spare him on Monday. I was also pouting silently to myself because I wouldn’t get home from Hospice until about 6:30 and he had to leave our house for rehearsal about 6:10 and wouldn’t be home for over an hour. All I wanted to do was lay in his lap, but I was going to just miss seeing him! Boo! But when I walked in the door, sweet sweet Brian has left me a surprise!! Hanging right inside the garage door was a Texas Rangers jersey and hat!!! He had bought them for me earlier that day and not told me. It was such a sweet surprise and it made my whole day seem like it had been wonderful! And the best part: I never even told him I was having a rough day! Isn’t he amazing? I love you Brian James Maines!

** I really want to learn to put pictures on here so I can show you Ziggy in her diaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment