Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mmmm, fall!

Happy Fall!!!!

Tree in Tatum's room


Tatum's crib and decorations




Brian and his parents at the Race for the Cure

Me and B at Race for the Cure... I walked, he ran

I love fall. I love everything about fall. Seriously, there is something wrong with how much I love fall.

I reeeeeally love fall decorations! I got some awesome new decorations at a 50% off sale at Hobby Lobby in August. It was all I could do to wait until September to put my fall decorations up. But you better know that September 1, our house was adorning fall decorations! I go walking just about every morning, and my favorite day to walk is Monday, because more people have time to put decorations out over the weekend, so there is a better chance of ‘discovering’ new decorations on a Monday morning. As I mentioned, in my world fall decorations go up beginning of September and then Halloween stuff gets added first of October… but I still ‘discover’ new fall decorations on walks even now… mid-end October! People… geeze, you’re killing me Smalls! Not that I am not grateful that you decorated… because it really does make my day. :)

As a side note though… I am not a fan of the really creepy Halloween decorations. I like the cute stuff… corpses and tombstones just freak me out a little.

More reasons I love fall- Brian’s birthday is in the fall; October 11 (Happy birthday plus 9 days Bri!!!). Our anniversary is in the fall; October 6. My birthday is in the fall; November 25.

Another thing I love about fall is looking forward to the Holidays. Even though we are blessed enough to have both of our parents here in Lubbock, I love getting to spend time just hanging out with them that seems to only happen around the Holidays. I also love traditions. In the last 2 years since Nathan died, my family has not really had traditions. I guess old traditions were just too painful and brought back too many memories for everybody. However, now Brian and I are starting to establish our own Holiday traditions, which has been incredibly fun. Plus, from now on we will be more than just a couple for the holidays; we will be a FAMILY complete with a daughter!!! Whoa. So now as I look forward to the family time coming up this holiday season, I have so much more to anticipate!

I even love the ‘back to school’ aspect of fall. This is my first year since, well…pretty much ever not to go ‘back to school’ in the fall. From high school I went straight in to college and from college straight to grad school. The only summer I ever had off was the one between college and grad school. So, needless to say, it feels very strange for me not to be in school right now. Good timing though.. :) It is super-lame to say that I was sad when everyone else got to go back to school in August and I didn’t? Because I was… I think the thing I missed most about not going back to school was not getting to go school supply shopping (I know… I keep getting lamer and lamer!). But, as a consolation, I did need a new planner even though I wouldn’t be in school anymore (heck, with 3-5 Drs appointments a week who can blame me). Also, I am just oddly obsessed with planners. It doesn’t make sense; don’t try to understand it. I just love planners. So I took an afternoon to go to Office Max (best selection, I can tell you from years of experience) to pick out a new planner. It is disgusting how much fun I had on this little outing. I was there for close to two hours… just walking around looking at all the new school supplies! Then the best part- time to pick out my new planner! This part alone took at least 30 minutes (which is the reason I did not force Brian to tag along… as understanding as he is, he just does not share my passion for day planners). And it was glorious. I love my new planner. Looking at it makes me happy. Bringing it home and filling it in with all of my appointments and dates was a blast for me! There were 2 months overlapping between my old planner and my new planner, that is 2 months that existed in my new planner that I hadn’t had it for since I had still been using my old planner. And you better believe that I still transferred over all the info for those 2 months, despite the fact that they had already past. So, for those of you wondering what I do with my free time- there you go :)

But my favorite thing about fall is new this year- we are having a baby this fall!!!!! How amazing is that!

Hoping everyone is enjoying their fall season as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment