Monday, October 12, 2009

June 12, 2009- ITS A GIRL!!!

We found out on June 3 that we are going to be having a sweet baby girl!! :) The most exciting news is that they said everything looks healthy! We got to see her heart and her brain! It is so insane to me that they have the technology to see those things using just sound frequencies! And she is a wiggler too! She was moving around all over the place during the sonogram. The technician actually had a hard time getting a good shot of her heart at first because she was moving so much. :) So cute! Other than hearing that she looks healthy, the most amazing part of the experience for me was seeing her profile- we got a great shot of her face! I can not even begin to explain the emotions that shot through my body when I saw her face on the screen. My heart was overflowing with love for our sweet baby who I haven’t even met yet. Such wonderful feelings.

Also, I feel her move a lot now! Mostly at night, but also sometimes when I sit still throughout the day. It is the coolest feeling I have ever experienced! I wish that Brian was able to feel her too, but he cant quite yet. On the other hand, being the only one who can feel that life inside me is so special. I am so grateful that I am a woman! I was asking Brian the other day of he is jealous that he will never get to be pregnant. He laughed at me and I think he thought I was kidding. But really, if I was a boy, I would be jealous. Boys never get to know what it feels like to have a life inside of them… Brian will have to wait until our daughter is born before he can hold her…I have already been holding her for five and half months. I just think that being pregnant is such a special blessing. We are so blessed that God allows us to play such an integral part in His creation. I am so unworthy, yet He chose to use my body to care for one of His children. And He allows us to raise and love His children. It is incredible and mind blowing and extremely humbling to think about.

On a similar note, I have felt especially close to God the past several months. There is just something about knowing that His hand is at work inside me, creating life, the life of my daughter.

Other cool baby related things right now:

- We know her name! But I cant say it on here yet… because I haven’t told my parents yet. And they might get territorial if you knew before they did. Hehe! We know her name and you don’t, na-na-no-boo-boo!

- I have been having so much fun picking out baby bedding. We haven’t decided on anything yet, but I have literally spent hours online looking at stuff. If anyone ones to weigh in with their vote, the finalists are:

Also, if anyone knows anything about the websites above and their quality, etc. please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment